A picture for Flos


The end of 2013 was full of very good news for FNWG and me, as some of you already know through my Facebook. But, the loads of work and all the family trips arranged for Christmas holidays made impossible to share it with you, also due to an almost complete lack of internet connection during those days. 
I'm happy to tell you the worldwide famous Italian brand FLOS contacted me because they wanted to use a picture of my MayDay lamp to include in the styling for the Gift Collection this past Christmas.



FLOS  has been one of the world leaders in decorative lighting for the last 50 years for their combination of high quality and innovative design and production. Some of their works are among the most iconic pieces not only of Italian design but of design worldwide, as testified by the number of them included in the Moma collection. I must confess I have a great passion for their products: Castiglioni's Parentesi is hanging beautifully in our living room and, hopefully, the 265 by Paolo Rizzatto will also be part of our home soon.



The picture that captured Flos attention was the one in this post: the white space turned out to be the perfect background to underline the MayDay lamp, designed by Grcic and used here as a bedside light. Eventually, the photograph selected was the one above that was never published: I find it has got a more delicate touch and a Japanese memory in it.

While preparing the post, I checked Flos selection and couldn't help to pick a few of their lamps for a special wish list: any of these objects would be a most desirable element to have at home. I really struggle to choose one in particular:  how is it possible to prefer Gatto Piccolo by Castiglioni to Tab T or Piani's table lamp  by the Bouroullec brothers? 



Check the complete list here for more inspiration.

13 comments:

  1. That is great news, and the picture's amazing so i can understand them. well done!
    hugs Annie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Annie!

      I couldn't believe it at first but it really happened!

      Delete
  2. That's fantastic, Elena - it's a stunning photo! Congrats!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michelle thank you so much: I'm very happy you like it! It was so unexpected.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations! Your picture is really beautiful <3 I just love Flos lamps and we have several of them, a Mayday lamp in our bedroom, a Tab T and a Glo-Ball in the living room and we will have a Parentesi in the living room as well, as soon as I get a longer wire for it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Riikka and what a collection you have! Mine is still at 2 pieces but, hopefully, I'll be able to add some new ones soon (the list is so long I cannot decide which one first!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic news Elena... this picture looks amazing!!! Congratulations x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! Your photo is just perfect. hx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Claro que siii, esa imagen tan preciosa no la podía pasar por alto Flos, enhorabuena Elena xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats! The picture is beautiful. Just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Elena! Muchas felicidades!

    ReplyDelete