MONDAY CRUSH | Fantastic White


Today's crush is entirely dedicated to one of the latest stylings by Stockholm-based Fantastic Frank. The flat, located in Södermalm district, is transformed with this total white look.
Beyond my personal preference for white spaces, I find their choice intriguing. We got used to Fantastic Frank creative way of re-thinking the real estate market but, to me, they have gone beyond their "traditional" approach here as the flat is transformed into an art installation. Though this could generate some criticism by part of the audience - that could advocate a flat is a home-to-be not a stage for artists - I want to share with you what my professor at the architecture faculty always told me: "White is tricky as it is both fascinating and eye-opening. It reveals the real qualities of a space and, therefore, all the faults in its design" (that's why we used to create our models in white!).
Whether an art installation or real flat, I find it extremely poetic.

4 comments:

  1. I know I wouldn't be able to live in it but I agree about the poetry of this place. Everything seems so quite, peaceful and calm. Just like a landscape in the fog or he snow, when noises are softened. Beautiful ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ilaria...neither would I! Mi piace il bianco ma qui mi sentirei come uno dei manichini dì Dalí! brrr... però rimane il fatto che FF ha davvero una prospettiva nuova - e avvincente. :)

      Delete
  2. Hola, te has visto, sale tu blog en una revista italiana, mira el enlace en Valdirose!
    Enhorabuena!
    http://valdirose.blogspot.com.es/2014/03/press-io-su-casa-facile.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hola! Siii, lo he visto pero muchísimas Gracias!!

      Delete